.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Blogging the Nile | Finally, the recap!

NAIROBI, KENYA - Long time comin' on this one, sorry about it! Hopefully when I catch up a little more I'll do a better job on keeping this baby updated. Anyways, here's a little recap of my trip.

  • 12/16/05 - Left for Cairo, but we're forced (by Ethiopian Airlines) to stay overnight. Luckily, they supply us with hotel rooms.

  • 12/17/05 - Finally arrive in Cairo. We're picked up by George, who tells us he can drive us all over Egypt... for the price of my right arm. We'll give him a test-run when we go to Mt. Sinai tomorrow.

  • 12/19/05 - Drove to, climbed, and came back from Sinai. George overcharged us, and Lauran and I went to the big bazaar in town, Khan el-Khalili, with public transportation. Sianara, George.

  • 12/20/05 - Checked out the Egyptian Museum. Pretty cool place to hang out, I'd say. Afterwards, we indulged in an expensive meal at the Cairo Hilton. Before turning in for the night, I wrestled with the washing machine.

  • 12/21/05 - Headed up to Alexandria. For the most part, it was super-overrated. However, I truly got a thrill out of the Catacombs of Kom ash-Shuqqafa; I'll never forget that freaky place. (Bonus post - Pictures of Alexandria)

  • 12/22/05 - The Pyramids. Just wow. (Bonus post - Those massive triangle thingys)

  • 12/23/05 - Looked around in the Coptic area of Cairo, then walked for a long time. Then I took a night-bus to Luxor. (Bonus post - Where I was yesterday, satellite view)

  • 12/25/05 - Merry Christmas! Yesterday I did the Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple, and Luxor Museum. Today, I explored the Valley of the Kings, Deir al-Bahri, and ate McDonalds for the first time in 6 months. Tonight I'll take a night train back to Cairo.

  • 12/27/05 - Hung out at an Egyptian coffehouse, Fishawy's, for hours. And it's waaaaay more fun than it sounds.

  • 12/29/05 - Finally back in Kenya. I hate Ethiopian Airlines, and I really hate the Egyptian immigration officials. And my name is not Webb-buh-buh.
Ok, that's all, folks! Hope you read and enjoy these backposts. Sorry they're so late, but hey, art takes time. You'll get over it.

-cw, (or in Arabic, for the final time, )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home