.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

PSA | Renaissance

BOYS’ DEAN’S OFFICE – I pose a riddle for you – a conundrum, if you will.

Q: What do you call a blogger who enters March with only one post for the year?

A: You call him Chris Webb.

So here I sit, wondering just where to begin. Since the last time I’ve written, I’ve:

  • Ridden a camel around the Great Pyramids
  • Eaten the best meal in Africa for about 50 cents.
  • Explored temple ruins while jamming to rockin’ beats of Phil Collins and Chicago
  • Broken, then fixed, then re-broke, then fixed again, then broke bad enough that I had to have a “Kip-like” pull into town, then had fixed, then broke one last time the gears on a (low quality) bicycle
  • Gone to the bathroom (end of story)
  • Made more runs into Nairobi
  • Gone “SLT” on a few more fellows
  • Taught my own government class (still in progress!)
  • Planned for my family’s soon trip to visit me
  • Ate a lot of chili paneer
  • Pulled off the greatest Valentine’s Day surprise somebody has ever seen
  • Hiked up the 2nd tallest mountain in Africa
  • Almost died hiking down the 2nd tallest mountain in Africa
  • Got lost, then found my way back on the way down from the 2nd tallest mountain in Africa
  • Fell in love… with Wheatabix
  • Felt how spicy Indian food really is… about 2 hours after I ate it.
  • Decided on my new political affiliation
  • Done loads of grading
  • Nuked my computer
  • Wrote one blogpost

In a nutshell, that’s it.

But seriously, I know I’ve got lots of catching up to do. I’ve got tons that’s happened in Egypt, the most incredible adventure of teaching my own class, and the horrors of climbing to the peak of Mount Kenya. So much to say… and not a lot of time to say it.

I’m hoping this is the re-birth. I’m hoping this is my chance to get on my blog again. My apologies to Mom (a.k.a. Señora Nag), Mr. Ogan, and my millions of other fans across the globe.

We’re baaaa-aaaaaaack!

-cw

P.S. and by the way, the picture of the mountain on that last post – yea, I’ve stood at the top of that! 16,355 feet, baby!

1 Comments:

  • Welcome back Chris! I have missed living your adventure thought your blog. Looks like the Chiefs are going to let Warfield go according to this mornings KC Star. Maybe Ty Law?????

    George (Mr Ogan)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Mar 02, 04:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home