.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Frightening | If you saw one of these in the john, you'd flip too.

MY APARTMENT - Are you joking?

The [carnivorous] teju is capable of holding its breath for half an hour, which probably explains how it managed to navigate its way through the sewer and up into the family toilet. The family is lucky they looked, rather than sat, first. "The chances are greater that the lizard would have taken a bite out of someone's 'ham', than that it wouldn't have," Akvariet director Kees Ekeli told Bergensavisen.


True story: When I was 11 years old, we took a summer vacation to Dominican Republic and stayed in a resort called Casa de Campo. The villa we stayed in was large enough that my parents, my sister, and I all got our own rooms (with our own bathrooms, too).

Well, one night, I woke up late needing to "do the duty," so I pulled myself out of bed and meandered to the potty. I did the business and sat there a little longer, reading a magazine. It was then I heard a dripping sound coming from under me... and I was "done." I leaned over to look, in between my legs, at the inside of the bowl.

Inside, looking up at me from the bottom of the toilet seat, was a pink lizard, staring up at me.

All I remember from the rest of the trip is running to my parents room, screaming, with my pants down, from the bloodcurdling image that'd just appeared before me. And also, I remember never going back into that bathroom again.

Knock on wood, but I'm horrified the same thing is going to happen here some night. It's scarred me for life.

-cw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home