.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Worship | He wants to be with you... in a not-so-stalker-ish way.

Every day at 8:30am, Maxwell staff spend a few minutes together worshiping the Lord. Every week, a different faculty member is assigned to the week's worships. This week, it's "Mr. Webb's" turn. I'll be publishing my worship thoughts to the site every morning (hopefully). This first Worship post was my introduction antecdote to my theme for the week.

STAFF MEETING ROOM - Last year, when I was on ASB, I had to skip the first banquet of the year because of prior engagements. It was definitely a difficult situation for me; I was on ASB, and therefore, partially responsible for the events that would take place the night of the event. Also, I’d been asked by one of my best friends, the ASB President, actually, making it even harder to say no. However, someone had to go to the Chiefs game, so I sadly turned down the offer and headed to Arrowhead Stadium.

(Valerie Robinette, her brother Sean, and their father ended up being my banquet dates, in the end. Chiefs beat the Falcons, 56-10.)

So when second banquet rolled around, I knew I’d already used my excuse and that this time, I’d have to go, and, after a stern talking-to from the ASB sponsor, I’d have to go with a date. However, that wouldn’t be too difficult. My friends agreed to do reconnaissance for me, and within a few days, I’d picked my target, Shanell.

Shanell was a very sweet kid, very pretty, and had a great sense of humor. The only bad thing about going with Shanell was that I didn’t know her but through mutual friends. I was a journalism major, and she was in school to be an elementary school teacher. We were from completely different parts of campus, and I could count the number of times we spoke on one hand. How was I going to "get in"?

Long story short, with the assistance of my buddies, I began a simple game of figure-out-her-schedule- and-try-to-be-where-she-will-be-so-in-fact- she’s-really-bumping-into-me. While borderline stalker-ish, the system proved to be effective, and I spent banquet next to a beautiful redhead.

In a not-so-creepy way, God does the same thing to us. He is so into us and wants to spend lots of time with us, so he goes about our day, running up ahead of us and popping His head out to see us again. God wants us to be with him so much, he goes out of his way to reveal himself to us, using 5 main tracts of getting our attention.

This week, I hope to clue you into how God’s reaching for you. With God’s blessing, maybe by the time Friday rolls around, you will have completely recognized his presence in every aspect of your life. And think, you won’t even miss a banquet to experience it!

-cw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home