.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Observations | BORED...

MY (BORING) APARTMENT - What a boring day.

Last night was my last time on duty for the week. With around half of the guys gone for long weekend, it’s Mr. VerSteeg watching the dorm until Sunday night, leaving me with a big bowl of nothing to do for a couple days.

I was planning on going to Hell’s Gate with Valerie, Elvin, and a couple of students. That was, until I found out it would cost approximately half of my monthly stipend to go and just hike while everyone else rock-climbed. I didn’t have to think about it long.

So last night, I hit the sack at around 11:30pm… and woke up this morning around 11:30am. I showered, swept my floor, ate a little lunch in the café, watched The Godfather (again), and sat down right at this computer to write this blogpost.

What a boring day. Gosh, I love boring days.

Three (boring) observations:

1. I bought another audiobook. Whoever has the audacity to diss these things is not only a raging idiot, but also a “poop-mouth.” Audiobooks are pretty much the greatest thing EVA. It’s like the perfect cross between a book and a movie, a la “storytime” in kindergarten: a professionally trained voice-man sits there and reads the story to you. Booya.

After buying (or technically, “getting free through a loophole in Audible.com’s system”) America: The Audiobook and The DaVinci Code for my iPod, I tested the files in Europe and was pleased to see how well it worked. There I was, sitting on trains, in hostels, inside historical monuments, listning to the adventures of Sophie Neveu (sp?) and Robert Langdon. Wicked cool.

Now, a few months later, I’ve caved in and finally bought my first one on my own. Angels and Demons, Dan Brown’s best work, is now downloaded to my iPod. I made the mistake of putting it over the dorm PA while I was on duty last night and was surprised to find two guys – one an RA – coming to the lobby to listen with me. Ivan, the RA (who is almost 100% sure he’s coming to Union), even borrowed my iPod from me tonight so he could listen to the adventures some more. Awesome.

So to the haters hating on audiobooks: Stop. You don’t know what you’re missing. Just listen.

2. My laptop sucks. Its newest trick is shutting off after just a few minutes of usage. No program errors, no conflicts, no warnings – just a shutdown. DOesn’t matter if I unplug the power cord and run off the battery or if I pull out the battery and rely on the power cord – stupid. Just randomly, after 5 minutes, it goes down.

And here’s the worst part: it hasn’t done it in like 5 hours.

How can you isolate the problem if the problem doesn’t occur? I’ve done nothing with it since it’s fit of “Gosh, wouldn’t it be fun to anger my owner to the point of throwing me against the wall?”. So why isn’t it shutting down. Why am I able to write this post with no fear of losing it? What is freaking going on?

More to come…

3. Tomorrow may be better… or not. Not doing anything today really convinced me that I should do something tomorrow. So I hooked up with the elementary school for plans on making this Friday one to remember.

I’ll be a “supervisor” for the elementary kids on their trip to Village Market, an overly-expensive outdoor mall that has a water park and bowling alley inside. I’m really pumped, because I love these young kids, and it’ll be a fun chance to do something after not doing anything at all today.

    We leave at 8am, which kind
    a sucks when you add in other facts:
    Fact 1) I’d have waken up at 4am to talk to UC.
    Fact 2) That’s early on it’s own as it is.
    Fact 3) The Chiefs-Dolphins game, originally set for Sunday, has been pushed back to Friday night to avoid Hurricane Wilma, expected to smash into the Floridian coast on Sunday night. So I’ll be up for that (at 2am), too.

    Ah, well...

Ok, that’s all for now. Told ya, nothing too interesting. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Laaaaaate!

-cw

1 Comments:

  • hahaha i was SOOO bored too! i didn't know that you stayed the whole day in your apartment..eeesh!! well, i planned to take the tiny car so i could have practiced my driving but i chickened out.ü

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Oct 21, 03:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home