.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Observations | Montezuma, Schoonard, Burnt-out tastebuds

BOYS’ DEAN’S OFFICE - And so begins my first weekend on duty…

For the first time in the (recent, relatively memorable) history of Maxwell Academy, two SM Assistant Deans will be on duty, at the same time. This is an unprecedented move by the administration, who felt that Valerie and I would be able to handle the dorms without supervisors. Yes’m, this is huge¡

So at in and hour and a half, I’ll be doing room check for the guys dorm, looking for traces of dust, filth, and general disorder. The guys here all know me, and are pretty comfortable with me, so I hear whispers that this check will be a piece of cake.

Boy, do they have a surprise in store for them.

Three observations from the last day:

  1. I am getting sick. But like, for reals. Ironic that yesterday, after the post I made about Hurricane Katrina, I actually felt an overwhelming urge to go to bed. This was followed, 8 hours later, by another overwhelming urge, this to remain in bed instead of going to staff worship. Afterwards, yet another overwhelming urge came, this time to go back to sleep. After three hours of that (and various trips to my “throne room”), I’ve come to the realization that I might not be at the peak of health. That sucks.

  2. Eric Schoonard needs to fix his PC. Ok, so somewhere in the vicinity of every 3.2 seconds, your profile on MSN keeps showing you signing in. This is very distracting for someone who falls out of his chair whenever he sees a friend online. Fix it!

  3. Tuna and Ramen don’t taste as good anymore. Could it be? Could I be becoming sick of these two tastes? I’ve mixed them together with every known spice on the African continent, but it doesn’t help. What do I do? Is there a support group for this? ¿Si no, porque no?

  4. BONUS OBSERVATION OF THE DAY: Everyone hates me. First, the family is going to KC this weekend to the Rock the Light Christian Music festival in Kansas City, where my favorite band, Third Day, will be performing. Then, since they won’t be at home to watch the Chiefs game, I won’t be able to get play-by-play over MSN like I have the other games. And to make matters worst of all, I’ve stopped receiving emails and blogposts from everyone. Why am I always alone in this worrrrrrrrld????
Ok, I’m going to take “the Browns to the Super Bowl” now. (Get it?) Take care, and happy Sabbath to you all!

-cw

4 Comments:

  • Chris, don't get discouraged. We're thinking of you and praying for you (and miss you) all the time.
    -Cassie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Sep 02, 05:47:00 PM  

  • Broder, I love you more becuase I'm your sister. I promise to leave you comments. I love you and you are not alone...oh by the way, Third Day will be awesome...just like the Chief Game and Taco Bell today hahha love ya

    -Ariel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sep 03, 05:18:00 AM  

  • Hi Chris

    You missed nothing at all in the Cheifs game. No first stringers at all but Kendell Bell looked good when he played. There may be a defense this year after all! Now if only the offense gels. Mitchell was cut yesterday. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sep 03, 11:44:00 PM  

  • Chris,
    Third Day was awsome and Jeremy Camp was too! Thought about you while Tina and I were jumping for Jesus! Don't worry it's still "only pre-season" Carlos and I will keep your seat warm..Evil laugh...(this is bad I am not a chiefs fan and just to torment you I have urges to go?!!!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Sep 04, 08:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home