.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Observations | Kanye, Fantasy Football, Employers

BOYS’ DEAN’S OFFICE - After my first weekend on duty, I went back to my apartment to watch “Cinderella Man,” the Russell Crowe boxing movie. I didn’t expect it to be too great.

It was.

“Cinderella Man” joins the ranks of some of my all-time favorite sports movies: “Rudy,” “The Waterboy,” “Seabiscuit,” “Hoosiers.” In the words of Will Ferrell (acting as James Lipton), “if you haven’t seen it, go to a place where video tapes are recorded or rented or sold and rent it or buy it and WATCH IT. It is like looking into the face of God and hearing Him say ‘You are my most wonderful creation.’”

Now, for some observations...
  1. Kanye West is a di... a fu... is not a very nice man. Hi boys and girls? Can anyone tell me a fun and exciting way to ruin a perfectly fine telethon? No one? Oh, you, Kanye, in the back, thank you for raising your hand. Do you have something to say?

    I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, ‘They're looting.’ You see a white family, it says, ‘They're looking for food.’”

    Ok Mr. West, that’s enough…

    ”It’s been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black.”


    That’s enough, mister. I’d better not hear one more peep out of you…

    ”George Bush doesn't care about black people!”


    That’s it, go to the principal’s office! That kind of juvenile talk will not be tolerated. This is a classroom, not NBC!

    For a more “factual” account of this treason, click on this link.

  2. Fantasy football is in the air! A much happier subject, I must note. I now present the 2005 Moldy (African) Cheeseballs:

    Quarterbacks: Byron Leftwich (JAX), Kurt “The NFL Sleeper Pick of the Year” Warner (ARI)

    Running Backs: Priest “About-to-become-league-MVP” Holmes (KC), Ronnie Brown (MIA), Thomas Jones (CHI)

    Wide Receivers: Marvin “I benefit from the best QB in the league” Harrison (IND), Nate Burleson (MIN), Lee Evans (BUF)

    Tight Ends: Eric Johnson (SF), Kris "What's up with Kris' spelling their names with Ks now?" Mangum (CAR)

    Kickers: Jay “I couldn’t kick a habit” Feely (NYG), Neil Rackers (ARI)

    Defenses/Special Teams: Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts

    Let the games begin, Bralley.

  3. My future in Africa? I was tipped off by my boy and roommate, Elvin Ho (“And yes, laugh at his name all you want, but he could be the man who very well saves your son’s life”) that these three weeks I’ve been here, I’ve been living 2 houses down from a future employer!

    The Richleis (sp?) are a division family that live on the Maxwell campus, at a spare, unused house. The last two weeks, the SMs have eaten Sabbath lunch at their house, never asking what the do for the division.

    Answer: He is the East-Central Division’s Communication Director, and she is the layout editor for the division newspaper.In other words, I should have already been bowing before this family, begging them for future employment.

    After lunch, Valerie and I had to leave back to our dorms, but Elvin stayed to talk to them. Come to find out, the division is looking for skilled photojournalists to help in their magazine and with their videos. Any takers?
Ok, that’s all for now. I might do a bonus blogpost later today. If you’re lucky.

-cw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home