.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Monday, August 15, 2005


NAIROBI, KENYA - I've never been so tired at 7pm before.

After hitting the hay at a relatively good hour last night, I woke up pretty early this morning: at 2am. Don't worry, though, because I fell back asleep. And woke up again at 5:25. and 5:47. And then again, at 7am. At this point, I was unable to get any more rest, so I decided to wake up, shower, eat some peanut butter and bread, and read some more Battle Cry before 9am worship/staff meeting.

Staff meeting was pretty cool. It's weird to hear the faculty talk about things like keeping buildings locked and how to deal with obnoxious students, because now I know what Enterprise faculty were saying about me! Actually, I think I have a good advantage, having gone through 4 years of academy, so I know some ins and outs of the system without even being here too long. I might regret saying this in a week from today, but I really can't wait for students to get here. I think time will move faster and I'll get into a real rhthym and enjoy myself more.

After staff meeting, I talked to my boss, Mr. VerSteeg, for a little while about how we will run the dorm program. Nothing really blew me out of the water; it all sounds the same as my academy days. We talked about students, R.A.s, and the general way things will go until lunchtime at the Hartzell's house.

I found out later in the day that my internet connection in my apartment (which will be soon be just my apartment because Elvin will be sharing a duplex with another younger "real faculty") actually does work. That's great news, because it means that soon, I'll be able to update the blog, email, and sync my iPod from the comforts of my own place, not from this computer lab I'm in now!

In the afternoon, I worked in the dorm a little, getting it ready for next Sunday, when kids start showing up. I had to take apart a bunk bed, move it out of the dorm, move in another, put it together, and do a whole bunch of sanding and shaving to the boards that hold up the bed. It took a pretty long time, but it wasn't hard work at all. Afterwards, Mr. VerSteeg and I took a five minute trip into Rungai, the next town over from Maxwell. While we were only out a few minutes, it was nice to get off campus for the first time (excluding Sabbath's adventure).

So there was my day. Since then, I've pretty much been online here, typing emails and this blog update to my millions of fans back in the States. Honestly, I'm staying up to make myself more tired so I'll sleep better (and longer) tonight. Keep me in your prayers. Miss ya buches. Don't be scared to email me!


p.s. Maxwell's website is http://web.maxwellsda.com/

p.p.s. In case you didn't have it, my email is webby37@cox.net


  • Hey Chris,

    Guess who? Hint its 01:50am Central time.
    Did you see any honeys while you were in Rungai?

    Are you gonna be alright with the Veggie thing? I can sneak you some frozen burger patties in a diplomatic pouch ya know. Let me know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Aug 16, 09:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home