.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday mornings are never this easy.

NAIROBI, KENYA - So I just completely wasted a day.

I stayed up really late last night, playing Risk at the Hartzell's house, but it was ok, because the only appointment of the day was 12:30 potluck at the Thomas's house. No problem, I could wake up by then without any trouble.

I actually woke up at 7am, and just didn't feel like sleeping anymore. So I ran to the computer lab to check my mail, came back to the apartment, showered, got dressed (into Sunday "lazy clothes"), and still had a few hours to go. So I laid on my bed and pulled out the book Battle Cry, an interesting WWII book by Leon Uris (Thanks, David!). As the minutes slipped by, so did my consciousness. I don't even remember my head relaxing...

...and eyes closing...

...and my falling asleep...

But I do remember waking up at 4pm, well past potluck and most of the day! What a waste! I came to the computer lab to check my mail, and I was greeted with the ridicule of Yven and Elvin. I was a little groggy, a little cranky, and really hungry! Thankfully, I'd be invited to the Hartzell's (again) for supper, so I got one good meal for the day. But there went my whole day!

I have learned there is truth to what the experienced travelers say: Don't nap! Once you allow yourself to sleep before it's sleep time, you throw off your body's clock all over again. That's why now, at 10:00, when i should be sleeping, I'm actually up, writing this horrible story. Booooo.

So that's all for now... Have I mentioned how much I miss everyone at home? I think about all of you all the time, and I've probably prayed for every person I know at least once. Take care, all!

-cw

1 Comments:

  • Jetlag, time zones, and the smell of kerosene in the morning. Almost the life of a pilot. Hang in there big guy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Aug 16, 09:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home