.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Neato | Step into the jungle.

MY APARTMENT - Here are pictures from my adventures with the Cheetah petting place. Click on the picture for a larger version.

===



Here's Valerie, the adventurous one who stepped right up to these colossal felines and began Petting Fest 2005. My excuse for not going down and petting it myself? Someone had to take the picture, right?



Now Pastor Rich steps up and give the "little guys" a pet. Cooooool. This moment gave him a great story for his sermon, where he referenced how if "these things wanted to tear my face off, they pretty much could have."



I'm not really scared here, honestly. Now, of course, I'm not too sure that these guys are too safe, but they're so set on ripping apart their uncooked, raw steaks that they didn't even notice.



Again, I know I've said this before, but these big guys are really very sweet. They just sit there and eat their food, calmly, like a normal housecat. They apprently purr when you scratch them behind their ears, and they enjoy a backscratch as much as Garfield.



Fun fact: The spots of cheetahs actually grow up from the skin. They're not just a fur thing - they're on the skin. As the hair grows up, it retains the spots on the skin itself. Neato.



Again, I'm not scared. I believe that look is simply "gassy."



And now, the great shot of ripping open the meat... yum yum. No barbecue sauce required. (Fun fact: Before I got to the cheetahs, we checked out two lions eating. They eat 10lbs of beef a day. No forks required.)



Hey, maybe they got the right idea... hmm... tasty...

-cw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home