.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

.:: The Daily Cowbell ::.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Link | Livestrong... but not for Jesus.

MY APARTMENT - The previously posted article about the wristbands, while super interesting, lead me to some investigation in a rumor I'd heard about the grand-daddy of the fad, Mr. Lance Armstrong.

...Although a confirmed atheist, he takes me almost immediately to the tiny chapel.... Despite the chapel, despite the crucifix around his neck (a link with a fellow cancer patient), Armstrong is deeply suspicious of organised religion... “I do not believe that because you are not prepared to submit yourself to a god or a higher being, that when you get to the end of the road, you will be sent down. I’m not prepared to believe that.”

I guess that doesn't make him a bad guy, but in my book, quotes like this don't make me want to support guys like this.

“If there was a god, I’d still have both nuts.”
- Lance Armstrong, ET Magazine.
Way to be, champ.

-cw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home